Morrone Interiors Valentines Day Gift Guide
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, you can’t really go wrong with the classics; flowers, jewelry, and chocolates. However, putting a little extra spin on each of these gifts will show the receiver that you really put some thought into your gift and will make them appreciate it that much more!
1. The heels shes been dying for: Just as sexy as lingerie but a bit more practical. These “So Kate” Louboutins are no bargain at $675 but the blush patent leather and red bottoms are perfect for Valentine’s Day and there is no girl in the world that wouldn’t love these! If these Louboutins are out of your price range, you are not alone. Instead, just sneak a little peak when shes online shopping and take note. Chances are she’ll be checking out another pair that she will love just as much but that are more reasonably priced.
2. Step up your flower game: If a girl ever tells you she doesn’t like getting flowers, shes lying. She is probably just being practical since flowers are expensive and only last about a week but the truth is, she really does love getting flowers. Red roses are beautiful and romantic but on Valentine’s Day, they lose a bit of their appeal since they are readily available everywhere and can be a last minute grab at the corner gas station. If you really want to wow her, go for another member of the rose family, the peony. They will show her that you really put some time and thought into picking a bouquet that was just for her.
3. Better than chocolates: The theme of this list is that you really want to let her know how much she means to you and how special she is by showing her that the average gift will just not do. Skip the basic box of chocolates and opt instead for a box of chocolate macarons. If she has never had a Ladurée macaron, she will be in for a real treat! They originated in France but are now popping up across the US. If you cant make it to a Ladurée, do a quick search to find another macaron shop in your area.
4. Sweeter than perfume: Her favorite perfume should always be at the top of your list. If you want to make a gift of perfume a bit more special, give her a refillable antique perfume bottle with an atomizer to go with it. I always see them at antique shops but you can also find them for a good price on Ebay and Amazon.
5. Vintage is a girl’s best friend: Diamonds are always nice but again, a bit over done. If you don’t already know, do a little research to find out who her favorite designer is. Then search online to find a beautiful, classic piece of vintage jewelry from that designer. Simple necklaces and charm bracelets are always a good choice and they will be a staple in her wardrobe for the rest of her life.
Happy Valentines Day from everyone at Morrone Interiors!